What they say is true… I got it from my mama (lol). With Mother’s Day coming up, it is always a time to really go out of your way to thank your Mom for all she has done for you! And this year, I have a lot to thank my Mom for especially! Starting a business with me, being the analytical mastermind mind behind our boutique and dealing with me and my crazy ideas everyday and every night that keep us super busy (THANKS MOM)! I wanted to share a few gift ideas with you that I know my mom would absolutely LOVE so I hope your mom would them too! I know it could be hard to think of something, so don’t wait until the last minute!
1. “Matching Dresses”- Okay, so maybe you are old enough now that you and your Mom don’t wear Mommy & Me clothes but buying dresses that coordinate is an excuse to buy yourself a little something too (you deserve it- especially if you are a Mom too)! These blue dresses are perfect- one short and one long! Suggest getting all dolled up with her and taking a little photoshoot together–what a fun a creative idea!
2. Flowers- with a twist! My Mom loves flowers for around the house and to take pictures with! Buy her a bouquet but don’t make it boring… add a gift card to a small business (like VSB… wink, wink!) or to her favorite local restaurant! This week is Small Business Week so be sure to support your favorite small businesses to make them happy as well!
3. SPLURGE! Maybe you have a lot of money to spend this year or you want to really treat your Mom to all of the hard work she has done her whole life. It isn’t crazy to splurge on Mother’s Day, make it like Christmas for her!! Although the purse I am going to suggest is a purse my parent’s gifted me for graduation, and not hers… she still loves it and it is perfect for any busy Mama who needs a lot of room and wants a quality bag. The Louis Vuitton Damier Azur Neverfull GM is the bag I have and I swear by it!! The moment I have enough money to buy my Mom one, you bet I will- so if you do… take advantage of it and do it!
If you don’t have the money to spend… well the outfits we are wearing are definitely a close second! My mom’s tank is so cute paired with the tencel shorts, you don’t have to be 20 to make these shorts look good!! Unfortunately, my top sold out so quickly but my jeans and shoes are absolutely to DIE for! Such unique pieces that are true to size for great prices!
4. A Getaway! There is no better way to thank her than giving her a chance to relax at the beach or by a lake for the weekend! She will enjoy the warm weather coming our way and maybe you guys would like to go together- I know that’s what my mom would want… right Mom?
Then maybe take some photos and make her an Instagram if she doesn’t already have one… more likes on your pictures AM I RIGHT?!
Mom’s Dress | My Dress
5. If all else fails… get her a puppy (don’t tell her I told you)! Totally kidding, as much as you want a puppy, your mom will probably kill you. Unless she wants one, then 100% go for it!! My Mom loves being a Doodle Grandma to Barkley!
No matter what you decide to get your mom for Mother’s Day, just don’t forget to tell her you love her! LOVE YOU MOM!