I always thought selling my clothes on Poshmark would be a pain in the butt, hard to ship or that nobody would actually buy my stuff. However, I was SO wrong. And if you are thinking that too, you are SO wrong as well! It is so easy to make money on Poshmark by just selling the clothes right out of your own closet. I’m going to break it down as simply as I could for you guys in this blog post! Check out my closet here.
Step 1: Create a Poshmark Account!
Download the app here! You can use my code KAITYONISKI when you sign up to earn $10 in Poshmark Credit for your next purchase!
Step 2: Clean out your closet!
Selling clothes, bags, shoes, etc is all acceptable on Poshmark. Just make sure they are in decent condition. LEARN HOW TO MAKEOVER YOUR CLOSET!
Step 3: Take photos of your clothing!
You can do this several ways- flat lays on the ground, hanging on a hanger, or model it yourself. I notice I always sell products SO much quicker when I model them myself. I use my ring light which has a blue tooth remote but you can just use your self timer or have someone else take them for you. Just be sure to get the front, back, details and take photos of any “damages” or imperfections of the clothes because it is super important to be honest. I will link some options of ring lights/ blue tooth tools for you below.
Step 4: Post your products to Poshmark. Here are some screen shots to help you out!
Your home page looks like this. Hit the sell button at the bottom.
Upload your photos but keep in mind Poshmark makes you crop them like this so keep that in mind when taking your photos.
Be sure to be as descriptive as you can when describing your items. Like condition, fit & sizing, and any imperfections in the clothing. You can even give tips on how to style it.
Pricing is basically all up to you. If you have no idea how you want to price your clothing, then you can look up something similar that you are selling to see what other people are selling it at (ex: if you are selling a Nike Sweatshirt, look up Nike Sweatshirt and see what the market is like for them). Keep in mind people might negotiate with your price as well.
Step 5: SHARE, SHARE, SHARE!
Yay! You made your first listing so you now need to SELL it! The best way to make a sale is to share it. You don’t have to have a ton of followers on Poshmark to make a sale.
1: You can share it with your followers- this will only show your followers your product.
2. You can share it on Facebook or another social media network- this will give your Poshmark account more exposure! This is how I make a lot of my sales.
3. You can share it to a “Party”- When I first started on Poshmark, I was so confused about what a party was. Basically during a certain time of the day a “Party” starts which could be specific to an item (LIKE “BEST IN BAGS PARTY” which would be great for anyone shopping for a bag or anyone trying to sell a bag and you can only post items labeled BAGS) or sometimes they are more broad (like “SUMMER STYLE PARTY” which you’d be able to post anything on it). This is a great way to gain a following on Poshmark and sell some items. This will show up right next to the normal share button when a party is happening. They usually have 2-3 a day I believe.
6. SHIP YOUR ITEM!
This is usually the part that people dread or think would be a pain but listen girl, it isn’t! Although it is a LITTLE more simpler for me considering I have a professional shipping station and supplies in my boutique, I know how to make it SUPER easy at home so here are the essential tips, tricks and supplies you’ll need.
- 1- “THE SHIPPING LABEL CONFUSES ME”– No… it is actually SUPER simple. All you have to do is go to sales> click on the sale> download the shipping label and print it out.
- 2-“UGH, I HAVE TO PRINT IT OUT EVERY TIME”– Make sure your printer is set up at home so that it isn’t a pain for you! I am so much more productive when my printer and desk is clean and ready to go at all times!
- 3-“WHAT KIND OF BOX DO I USE?”– Yes… you CAN go to the post office and get FREE boxes to ship in, which is a great option, BUT for the sake of making it SIMPLE and EASY, I suggest polymailers. They are so much easier and sooo inexpensive, think of it as an investment in your “Poshmark biz” 😜! I use some I got on amazon. Anything around 10×13 is a good size… plus they are all SUPER cute!
- 4-“NOW WHAT?”– Put the clothes in the Polymailer, seal it, tape the label to the Polymailer, and just marked that you shipped it on the sale page! (Also, wrapping it in tissue paper and sealing it with a sticker is a super nice touch)!
- 5-“I HATE GOING TO THE POST OFFICE”– Many people do not know this, but you can actually schedule the USPS driver to come to your house (note: this IS different than UPS). But if you work all day that would be a pain too. SO my suggestion is dropping it off in the drop box in the post office. You don’t have to wait in line, just run in!
- 6-“SO HOW DO I GET PAID?”– Just enter your banking info on the Poshmark app and the money will be redeemable to transfer over to your account as soon as the buyer accepts the package! So easy!
IT REALLY IS EASY! Give it a chance. I wish I started selling on Poshmark years go for extra money. PLUS I actually just bought a Tory Burch purse for such a great price on there and I am SO happy about it. Check out my closet here. Don’t forget to use the code KAITYONISKI when you sign up to earn $10 in Poshmark Credit!
-Play around with Poshmark as much as you can and you will learn it very quickly.
–You want your buyer to feel special when they get the package, so using tissue paper to wrap it and writing a hand written note is a great way to do that.
–If you have extra room in a guest closet, coat closet, etc. I think it is so much easier to organize the things I sell on Poshmark hung up. It is hard to dig through a bin and this way it also keeps them cleaner and less wrinkled.
–Use social media to your advantage as much as you can to share your listings!
–Watch YouTube videos to learn even more! There are a ton out there.
Reach out if you ever have any questions!