The other day I asked on my Instagram whether people read blog posts or not, the answers were MOSTLY no but a lot did say yes as well.. probably you.. since you are reading this! 😜 ANYWAY… I had a little thinking sash to myself. I think I don’t write blog posts because I figured nobody would read them. Then I thought, why do I think that? I realized: I thought that because I wasn’t really writing what was from the heart. I think I was just writing JUST to blog. Write about what other people blogged about. YES I want to share fashion but to be realistic, that isn’t what you talk about every day or want to hear about EVERY.DAY. either. Ya know? So today, I was not even planning on writing a blog post. Because yesterday, I already posted two gift guides. Ya know, checked the box. Blog post done. BUT right now I am working on the couch and just wanted to chat. That is what blogging is all about right? I thought it would be kind of funny to write this post (you can tell what it is by the title) because the “blogger life” can seem so picture perfect on IG but it’s only a highlight reel for sure.
Let me preface this by saying I am not a big or even full time blogger. I started my blog and growing my personal following to supplement with my boutique content. I didn’t even know you can get paid for blogging, honestly. I have now grown it to the point where I do and I am SO SO grateful for that. I LOVE this job. I LOVE my boutique job too.
The pro’s are pretty obvious👇🏻
- Free products! This is definitely a fun one!
- Getting paid for taking photos and posting them✌🏻
- Working from home (or out on the streets when taking photos) 😂
- Hotel collaborations, a lot of bloggers get free stays when they travel, or fully paid vacays in general. I have gotten a few local ones so far, which is amazing!
- Blogger Besties 💕 & Internet friends, I have met so many amazing people online and even met some in person, it is so crazy but they are some of my BEST friends.
The con’s are not so obvious, they are kinda funny. I am not complaining at all I just wanted to share these random thoughts because they are not things you think about👇🏻
- Working for yourself ALWAYS means that your salary is not guaranteed. So, stress definitely always comes with this. With any business, you dream and then it becomes a goal, and then you work so dang hard for that goal to come true one day.
- Trying to always please people. It seems inevitable that when your payments and collars are based off of engagement, you just want to please everyone. I always stay TRUE to me BUT I do always second guess myself, like I said above.
- Photoshoots. These are always fun at first… then they get hard.. you get creative blocks.. and then sometimes it is just DANG HOT, GIRL😂
- Judgements. Judgments everywhere. People make fun of bloggers ALL THE TIME. It is frustrating because I do think a lot of the hate comes from jealousy. I don’t know why else somebody would make fun of someone for going after their dreams 🤷🏽♀️ But honestly that doesn’t really bother me at all anymore.
- Okay this is definitely one you don’t think about, but I find myself thinking of this a lot. So, you know, I share basically everything that happens to me on Instagram stories. You know, those stories that you tell your friends as soon as you see them, I tell all of those on there. SO when I see my friends, I don’t know if they already know the story or not and I feel stupid assuming they already watched my stories but also feel stupid re-telling the story😂😂😂 SAME thing with some people I meet, like hmmm do you follow me? Do you know my life? Should I tell you my name? That I am a boutique owner? Hahah this is always on my mind. A funny con.
Again, nothing is as picture perfect as it seems! THANK YOU SO MUCH IF YOU READ THIS… YES YOU. It gives that little doubt in my head that I talked about above a sense of peace😂 Anyways, I thought that was a fun little thing to write about. Let me know what you think!!! ❤️❤️❤️ I am always open to talk! DM me!